News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Unintended consequence

Started by stephen_becker, February 09, 2020, 07:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephen_becker

Unintended consequence of the shit-bag New York politicians and their green light laws.......

JUST GOT THIS IN MY EMAIL FROM INTERNATIONAL AUTO SHIPPING COMPANY:

BREAKING NEWS:
GREEN LIGHT LAW

Please note an immediate change to way Vehicle Exports will be processed nationwide by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) until further notice.

Recent changes by New York state, the Green Light Law, added a provision that restricts access to their Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) by CBP.

As a result, CBP no longer has the ability to obtain New York DMV records and this loss in access prevents CBP from validating export documentation for vehicles with New York titles and registrations.

Effective immediately, all exports of New York titles or New York registrations vehicles will be placed on hold.

" Under the Green Light Law, no DMV data of any kind can be shared with an agency that primarily enforces immigration law, which means ICE, Customs & Border Protection and Citizenship and Immigration Services do not have access to data unless the DMV is presented with a valid judge-signed court order, subpoena or judicial warrant."

Source linked below
Click here to read more on the Green Light Law
Further updates will be provided when available
- HYPER CARS - EXOTICS -

-CLASSICS - COLLECTIBLES -

- RESTORATION PROJECTS -
OVER THE PAST  30 YEARS! DIRECT EXPRESS, INC. HAS DEVELOPED A REPUTATION THAT IS A LEADER OF ITS OWN BY IMPLEMENTING. PROVIDING, &  ACCOMMODATING EACH OF OUR CUSTOMERS' NEEDS.
Feel free to contact us any time via email or phone in order for me to assist you in your shipping needs.

What problem are they try to resolve?

Besides kneecapping ICE.

CharlesTurner

This most likely has to do with the gradual implementation of data privacy laws in the U.S., like GDPR in Europe.  I work for a bank and we are having to deal with NY customer data security laws (NYDFS cyber security regulation) and also California (CCPA).
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

1967 eight barrel

This is NY's middle finger to the U.S. Government and those with TDS that feel it's okay to license illegals and vet them for travel and of course this leads to the issuance of U.S. passports. No non-citizen/undocumented individual should hold U.S. travel documents, PERIOD. It's downright dangerous.

67 GT350

Start spreadin the news.....New York New York.......

WE ARE FLEEING IT ASAP!
RARE  Signature Delete

CSX 4133

Quote from: 67 GT350 on February 10, 2020, 08:10:51 AM
Start spreadin the news.....New York New York.......

WE ARE FLEEING IT ASAP!

LOL !   :)

stephen_becker

shelbydoug

So export them from another state? Is it that complicated? Port Newark is right across the river in "Jersey". They'd be happy to relieve you of your money. ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

mark p

Quote from: 1967 eight barrel on February 09, 2020, 11:44:42 PM
This is NY's middle finger to the U.S. Government and those with TDS that feel it's okay to license illegals and vet them for travel and of course this leads to the issuance of U.S. passports. No non-citizen/undocumented individual should hold U.S. travel documents, PERIOD. It's downright dangerous.

in NJ,  we'll get them a "special" Drivers License starting next year... I keep wondering what will be next?  :o ???
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

shelbydoug

Quote from: mark p on February 10, 2020, 12:55:41 PM
Quote from: 1967 eight barrel on February 09, 2020, 11:44:42 PM

in NJ,  we'll get them a "special" Drivers License starting next year... I keep wondering what will be next?  :o ???

At least NJ wants you to state if you are male or female and doesn't accept "other". It doesn't matter a whole lot? When you are holding yourself back from blasting the other driver with a "pump", calm down and say, that guy should loose his license, most of the time they already have. 

I just stay clear so I don't pile in on their wreck? ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

ChicagoChris

Issuing them a license is bad but the fact most don't have insurance.
One plowed into me in 2011 and totaled my car (she was asleep at the wheel); no insurance and they got a 'ticket.'
My rates went up.

mark p

Quote from: ChicagoChris on February 11, 2020, 05:27:34 PM
Issuing them a license is bad but the fact most don't have insurance.
One plowed into me in 2011 and totaled my car (she was asleep at the wheel); no insurance and they got a 'ticket.'
My rates went up.

i'm sure that everyone here who gets a license will have insurance  ::)
NJ has special insurance available as well... covers emergency medical attention ONLY, zero liability and zero property damage. We're all good here.

The kid that hit our son Tom a few years back had revoked license, cancelled insurance, was drinking and on drugs... even better than a trifecta! Fortunately Tom was only hurt a little (as far as we know to-date), only cost us a perfectly good Taurus and a few $$ for other medical  ???
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

Well a license puts you in government databases.....so there's that......

1967 eight barrel

It doesn't vet the morons and it puts society at risk. Not to mention the fact illegal immigration has caused a rise in insurance four-fold in 10 years. 
As usual, we are forced to pay for others.  If you aren't vetted and you break the law to enter you should be immediately deported and forced into the back of the line for consideration.

stangman39

Quote from: shelbydoug on February 10, 2020, 12:50:11 PM
So export them from another state? Is it that complicated? Port Newark is right across the river in "Jersey". They'd be happy to relieve you of your money. ;)

Maybe I'm not following but it seems to have more to do with a vehicle having NYS title (not issued on old cars for a long time there) or registration.
It doesn't have to do with physically where the vehicle is being exported from.
So to get around the issue a vehicle will have to have other State docs.

I'm helping a buddy in the UK bring a 68 coupe over there.  First thing the shipping broker said to me was "It doesn't have NY docs does it!?"