News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

CSX 3120 claimed to have been found in France

Started by Cobra Ned, February 14, 2020, 09:34:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbydoug

Quote from: Cobra Ned on February 15, 2020, 11:26:17 AM
[quote author=shelbydoug link=topic=9309.msg77357#msg77

Besides the fact that as Kopec says, "these cars are owned by Captains of Industry and you're not one of them", I don't even want to go near the "Cobra Corral" at the convention. They circle the wagons for a reason and the last time I approached it, they all started leaning on their side arms.

Apparently Cobra ownership has achieved new heights of exclusivity? So what do you folks do to drive them? Buy a private island?

Now, Doug...It can't be as bad as all that. Consider the folks who managed to buy a Cobra back in the early '70s for around the price of a new Mustang. (That would be me, for example.) If they simply enjoyed the car, and maybe traded it for a slightly better one as time and luck allowed, today they have a nice car with a minimal investment. And they aren't all Captains of Industry, since many remain reasonable, normal people. I know many such folks and I bet you do as well. And we're glad to see you in the Cobra Corral, at the convention or anywhere else.
[/quote]

Someone rounded up a posse to head me off when they saw me coming. Don't feel bad though, I got yelled at same day by the Concouse folks. "YOU can't come here!"

I hadn't even killed anyone that day either?  It was still early though. :o

Nah. Rick's right. Harsh but right. I'm not a Cobra guy anymore. Maybe a Prius?

Some bought them in the '60's and '70s? Not everyone's as old as you and I Ned?

Reminds me of when I asked about 3218 and was told, "You can't have a 427, you have to get a 289 first."? However that wasn't a Captain of Industry selling that car, it was more like Captain Crunch?  ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!