News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Ford Experimental -Concept Vehicles

Started by FL SAAC, February 17, 2020, 08:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I see a lot of Maserati Ghibli in that Zonda.

FL SAAC

True but this one backed by Ford

Quote from: 2112 on April 23, 2020, 08:25:04 PM
I see a lot of Maserati Ghibli in that Zonda.
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

De Tomaso Pantera II Montella, 1973

The year was May 21, 1971 and American car enthusiasts had just fallen in love with the recently introduced mid-engine Pantera sport car. With great reviews, Ford's joint venture with DeTomaso seemed like a sure sell for years to come.

That is, until the new highway safety and emissions act hit the auto industry, and eventually forced Ford to pull the plug on the Pantera in 1974. Refusing to just give up in the face of power robbing emission laws, DeTomaso sought a replacement for their Pantera.

The planned production Pantera II 197x (or 7x) was based on the chassis of the original Pantera. With all-new styling and a sweeping cantilevered roofline with open pillars to the rear, Ghia designers had done a great job at advancing both the appearance of the prototype, at the same time carrying over as many components as possible from the Pantera L model.

Unfortunately, the Pantera II 7x production car never came to be. Penned by the legendary Ghia designer Tom Tjaarda and hand built in 1973 in Italy by Ghia, the prototype enjoyed a tour as a show car in the spring of 1974, before the Ford venture came to an end late in that year. In 1975, supervised by Ghia design studio president Don DeLaRossa, the prototype underwent a conversion. The car was repainted Pearl White over Metallic Bronze, stripped of its Pantera nameplates and fitted with new ones bearing the name DeTomaso Monttella. The car was then shipped off to the U.S. and titled in Michigan, where it was stored with the hopes of showing it to other manufactures for possible production. Five years passed, and in 1981 the car was sold to a local Michigan sports car dealer that in turn sold it to a family member of the current owner.

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

De Tomaso Pantera II 197x (or 7x) / Montella, 1973

I have all UNGOLD cars

And that looks like a splash off the Maserati Merak

FL SAAC

It does have an MM look

Quote from: 2112 on April 24, 2020, 11:26:07 AM
And that looks like a splash off the Maserati Merak

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

1971 DeTomaso 1600 Spider

The mid-engined De Tomaso 1600 used a sixteen valve 1600cc Ford BDA engine. Shown at the Turin Motor Show'71, it was never put into serious production.

I have all UNGOLD cars

JD

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

1975 Ford Urban Car

The Ghia Urban, later called the Ghia Manx, was one of the early Ghia creations using Fiesta architecture and running gear. It was a small city car, standing just 137 centimetres tall and only 259 centimetres long.

Despite its diminutive size and short, two-door profile, this concept car could seat four people. It was designed in the aftermath of the fuel crisis of 1973 as a solution to urban congestion and higher fuel prices. It even had storage for luggage in a storage area in front of the driver.

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

honker

Tony, thanks for posting, why does it look like a Fiat XI/9 ? from what I understand ? ? De Tomaso asked Tom Tjaarda to visit him

at Bertone (the Italian design house) where the prototype Xi/9 was standing, and told him to copy it.

The De Tomaso was on show in 1971, and the Fiat X1/9 debut was 23rd. November 1972 at the Turin show.

Mike

FL SAAC

1976 Ford Corrida

The Ghia Corrida was the first Fiesta-based concept car, introduced at the Turin Motor Show in November of 1976, the year the Fiesta was introduced. Corrida means bullfight, and the Corrida Concept was Ghia's vision of a new age sports car with an array of safety features.

Corrida was not only based on a Fiesta, but was also powered by a Fiesta engine. It featured pneumatically operated gull wing doors hinged in two segments and electrically operated flaps for the headlamps to provide optimal aerodynamics performance. The rear luggage compartment was hinged at the bottom.

Corrida's driving environment was unique. The instrument cluster was an array of boxes that provided a distinctive look of compartmentalization. The concept car was bold orange with black accents.

Ford and Ghia developed the Corrida concept vehicle as a design and engineering exercise, and feature car at auto shows. Built on a 90-inch wheelbase, the Corrida's body and wheels were all weight-saving aluminum. Gull wing-styled doors were hinged at the top, and folded in the middle for easy entry/exit, even when the car was parked in confined areas. The hatchback door was split in half, with the top section opening upward, and a hinged lower section that could be locked in an open position to extend the carrying capacity.

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

1976 Ford Corrida

The Ghia Corrida was the first Fiesta-based concept car, introduced at the Turin Motor Show in November of 1976, the year the Fiesta was introduced. Corrida means bullfight, and the Corrida Concept was Ghia's vision of a new age sports car with an array of safety features.

Corrida was not only based on a Fiesta, but was also powered by a Fiesta engine. It featured pneumatically operated gull wing doors hinged in two segments and electrically operated flaps for the headlamps to provide optimal aerodynamics performance. The rear luggage compartment was hinged at the bottom.

Corrida's driving environment was unique. The instrument cluster was an array of boxes that provided a distinctive look of compartmentalization. The concept car was bold orange with black accents.

Ford and Ghia developed the Corrida concept vehicle as a design and engineering exercise, and feature car at auto shows. Built on a 90-inch wheelbase, the Corrida's body and wheels were all weight-saving aluminum. Gull wing-styled doors were hinged at the top, and folded in the middle for easy entry/exit, even when the car was parked in confined areas. The hatchback door was split in half, with the top section opening upward, and a hinged lower section that could be locked in an open position to extend the carrying capacity.

I have all UNGOLD cars