News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Your Opinion Please

Started by 67411F--0100-ENG., February 20, 2020, 09:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

67411F--0100-ENG.

Hello fellow Shelby enthusiasts,

I would like to know your opinion on this subject.  From an historical standpoint, which is the stronger and more important relationship:

1. The relationship between the first three production GT500s ever built by Shelby American, "the RED trio" of car numbers 0100, 0131, and 0139?
OR
2. The relationship between car number 0131 ("Little Red") and the car it inspired, "The Green Hornet"? 

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Eric

67 GT350

Are you asking which ones would you want to own? Or you can buy one of any of those? You have the 3 cars and need to sell them to buy little red? you have little red and can get  the other three in trade?
RARE  Signature Delete

67411F--0100-ENG.

Quote from: 67 GT350 on February 20, 2020, 09:55:50 PM
Are you asking which ones would you want to own? Or you can buy one of any of those? You have the 3 cars and need to sell them to buy little red? you have little red and can get  the other three in trade?

Hello,

Don't read more into it.  No buying and selling involved.  From an historical stand point, which is the stronger more important relationship?

Thanks,
Eric

FL SAAC

Easy choice, 0100, 0131 and 0139
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

BGlover67

Quote from: 2112 on February 20, 2020, 10:45:28 PM
Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on February 20, 2020, 10:31:25 PM
Easy choice, 0100, 0131 and 0139

+1
+2.  If you actually understand the history of Shelby American production cars for 1967, then the choice is easy.  I think you could easily make an argument that if car 100 was never produced, there would be no GT500's, or no Eleanors (God help me).  There would be no 'Gone in 60 Seconds', and by extension none of the 'Fast and Furious" movies would ever have been made.  So, if an evil race of Terminators decided to go back in time to 1967 and destroy car 100 before Eric ever got a chance to buy it, think about all the car culture we would be missing.   ;D
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

shelbydoug

They both are significant but the coupes are more of experimentals and the fastbacks more of working out the production details.

Both were necessary in the mix of things. Flip a coin.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

shelbymann1970

Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

427heaven

No buying or selling at the moment, but in the future I think Eric wants to know how his car stacks up financially against Craigs cars? We saw where things went in Scottsdale a few weeks ago so that probably fueled his question? So the question remains which cars are more valuable- the first, the last, or some in between with a sort of history.? All depends on what an individual is looking for and willing to pay for... My 2 cents

shelbydoug

Quote from: 427heaven on February 21, 2020, 07:51:39 AM
No buying or selling at the moment, but in the future I think Eric wants to know how his car stacks up financially against Craigs cars? We saw where things went in Scottsdale a few weeks ago so that probably fueled his question? So the question remains which cars are more valuable- the first, the last, or some in between with a sort of history.? All depends on what an individual is looking for and willing to pay for... My 2 cents

Whichever car it is, it needs to be promoted. Having an auctioneer owning one is a major advantage.

He would buy yours low, sell it high.

Little red and the Green Hornet have just have been promoted over a period of years. They are much better known especially when SA history is reviewed in a synopsis form. Many of the specifics are left out. As a result at the moment, they are more valuable.

Kind of like a "Gone in 60 seconds" did for the '67 GT500. The "promotion" just made 'Elanor' more desirable. After all, it is a major movie star and real ones aren't?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

You have the very first GT500 fastback, the first GT500 convertible and lil red.

All are one of one and all are priceless in my eyes.

Back to the discussion at hand;

Choice # 1.....0100, 0131 and 0139

Quote from: 427heaven on February 21, 2020, 07:51:39 AM
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Royce Peterson

I'll take the red convertible please.
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

427heaven

That VERT is crazy nice! A real stunner. ;)

sfm5

Little Red and the Green Hornet are much more famous, as umpteen magazine articles have been written about them and they have been placed in the limelight as a form of promotion. I would venture that all of the cars listed are "significant" from a historical perspective, but their dollar value is more based on fame versus significance?
65 GT350

I don't think this is about money.