News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

AN 779-06D double male -6 banjo

Started by shelbydoug, February 28, 2020, 04:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbydoug

I can't find any of these. Looks like everyone has discontinued them? Anyone here know of some? I just need one.
Last listing I found was mfg by Goodridge.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

gt350shelb

Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

shelbydoug

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

gt350shelb

Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

shelbydoug

Tough one isn't it? Thanks for trying.

This is one of those parts that's in the back of someone's tool box and long forgotten.

It's gonna' have a ton of dust on it when I find it.

Even the Weber guys have none, just the blocks.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

gjz30075

Might try https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/

Looks like they have double male banjos but maybe not your size.
Greg Z
6S2249

CSX 4133

You might have to try Goodridge again, although Pegasus would be worth a try, as well as, Aircraft Spruce.

shelbydoug

I've already hit up Goodridge. They are off of the web page and the telephone tech can't find them in the computer.

They were the last manufacturer that I know of that still made them.

Likely there are a couple kicking around in some retailers inventory but at this point it is just going to be persistence and calling everyone to find one.

So far, all of the aircraft guys I've spoken with, all say, you have to get them from Goodridge, They just don't have any.

All of the big ebay fuel supply retailers don't have any. At least they know what they are though and the AN number still shows as a valid part.

The presumption, an incorrect one, is that everything that shows in the manuals is manufactured. That's incorrect.

Structural steel beams for buildings is like that. There are thousands of sizes shown but only a few still made. As a matter of fact, on those, often I need to accept metric substitute sizes from France.
It's a "Brave New World" out there and just rolling with the punches isn't even enough. I need to keep re-inventing myself.

Maybe I just need to print these out?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

CSX 4133

shelbydoug

Quote from: CSX 4133 on February 29, 2020, 08:08:28 AM

Try this site. Maybe just maybe they have it.

https://www.prospeedparts.com/?s=AN+779-06D+double+male+-6+banjo

You've got an exceptional search engine. These guys are in Malta and they do have it.  By the time it gets here it's gonna' be a hundred bucks. Kinda steep for just one fitting but they may be the only game in town...sort of...more of a road trip?

Some of these parts are now Chinese. You can't tell who makes them anymore. You need to lube the heck out of the hose ends when you assemble them otherwise they chafe the threads.

Thanks for the lead but gotta be one in the US or North America already? But where?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

pbf777

I'm going to assume that the -6 is for perhaps a fuel system vs. a brake system, but be aware that most AN aluminum fuel line applications are of 37 degree vs brake fittings generally being of 45 degree seating face surface (not all of course).  Although particularly if attempting to utilize an aluminum female swivel nut fitting intended for the 37 degree mating angel over the steel male 45 degree face angle, generally one gets away with the mismatch as the aluminum flare is deformed to fit upon tightening (use a good lube and swage it tightly a couple of times), but it still ain't right!           ::)

Scott.

shelbydoug

Yes. JIC -6 fuel line. Brakes would be at most a -4.

Brake -3 and -4 double banjos are easy to get.

Thanks for pointing that out.  ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!