News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

stripe kits

Started by proford1, March 05, 2020, 12:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

proford1

i bought this car from a friend back in 2004 over the years ive acquired a few stripe kits, one of them looks like it might be a GT350 nos kit but rolled up in it was a 500KR sticker that does not look correct with same 3m backing?

Coralsnake

Neither of the GT500 KR stripes are originals.

The fonts and zeros are not the correct shape and the backing paper is incorrect
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Coralsnake

Bob Gaines

On the bright side if there is one a 14 year old stripe may have started to dry out and not the best for use on a car anyway. You can tell your self that as you use it for wall art in some way or throw it in the trash. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

proford1

they were all given to me, who sells the best repo?

Rukiddin

Great for custom golf carts and off-road toys and refrigerators and lots of Shelby related "things". Maybe little kids electric cars........better to have fun than toss in the GARBAGE

TedS

Quote from: proford1 on March 05, 2020, 12:48:11 PM
i bought this car from a friend back in 2004 over the years ive acquired a few stripe kits, one of them looks like it might be a GT350 nos kit but rolled up in it was a 500KR sticker that does not look correct with same 3m backing?

Just for clarification, aren't the GT500KR letters in the bottom 2 photos with the rounded zeros correct? My eye is not that great but I couldn't see a difference in font from the original drawing.  They also have different backing than the top photos.

Ted

Coralsnake

They are not correct

They are ovals

TedS

Thanks Pete, I see it now.