News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

65 Hipo engine and tranmssion real K code with stamped numbers on both

Started by acman63, March 06, 2020, 05:51:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acman63

SOLD to a good customer and all around nice guy

65 289 Hipo K  San Jose drivetrain   for sale.  as taken out of of a running car!  289 Hipo drivetrain. engine assembly and 4 speed top loader transmission.  Both Block and transmission have same  K serial number 5R09K232- - -    Block is cast date 5E26   heads are cast date both 5D27.  Transmission is HEH-T   and comes with original shifter control box / rods and levers. Stock bellhousing  Harmonic balancer is late 64 dated and I had the seal restored by Damper dudes already with a redi sleeve for the timing cover seal.   Has the hipo counterweight on the timing set.  Nice used timing chain cover.   Intake manifold is 5D11 dated. Hipo rods with 3/8 bolts square heads.  L2249 +40 forged  pistons-  Engine looks to have been rebuilt  about ten years back with lifter valley and head surfaces Glyptol red coating.     Appears to have solid lift cam  -  stock rockers and sleds .   Im guessing you could have a shop take this apart.  clean it  with nothing more than a jet spray with soap and water (non caustic) . check the bearings. balance and re-assemble  but Im selling this as a good rebuildable used core    I can band this to a pallet  and ship truck freight for about $250  920 434 3645   jim@shelbyparts.com
Theres is no carb,  fuel pump,  air cleaner.  manifolds,  distributor.  if anyone needs better pics or more questions answered le me know
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

acman63

SAAC Concours Chairman

acman63

SAAC Concours Chairman

acman63