News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

SAAC Convention Videos: SAAC 22

Started by FlyNavy, March 15, 2020, 11:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlyNavy

Taking advantage of this downtime to convert my VHS footage to digital.   First up is SAAC 22, Road America in 1997.  I think this was my favorite open track I ever did, despite the oppressive heat and mosquitos.  No matter how big the run groups, and mine was relatively small, drivers had a lot of open track to enjoy their high performance vehicles and I had more track time, than I could ever want.  Mr Shelby attended and despite the temperature, he signed items for hours, first in a small trailer and then under a canopy.  My friend with a GTD GT40 and I made the trip, towing our cars from Patuxent River, MD and Virginia Beach, VA.  I still recall the banquet being almost "tornado'd out" when a storm cell from hell hit the track, and people were looting running off with trays of brauts and rolls!  I stayed an extra day to watch the historic races that followed the convention.  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiUmqrJyrYBaHZ7sYZrPOWpCY2c6rXn9w