News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

SAAC 45 and the current world insanity

Started by JayTalbott, March 17, 2020, 04:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbydoug

Quote from: deathsled on March 19, 2020, 12:49:25 PM
I told a couple of lawyers at our firm that lawyers are not worth anything in a pandemic. Law enforcement, the military, over the road truckers, (and rail) medical staff and food suppliers are worth everything. They got a little upset with my analysis.

Well...one thing for sure, there are more lawyers around then you can shake a stick at.

"More then guitar pickers in Nashville. More then red ants on a Tennessee anthill" - Lovin Spoonful 'Nashville Cats'.

Don't rile them up. They'll stampede and beat you to death with their brief cases.

Murphy's corollary 37. "If you can't do it, teach it. If you can't teach it administrate". If you can't do sh it, become a lawyer. (Dougism)

Quick. Go send them flowers and candy before they retaliate?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Jim Herrud

Shelby Buff.
I used to be a "Vintage Car" guy. Now I'm just a "Vintage" car guy.
"There's never enough horsepower - Just not enough traction." - C.S.
Straight Roads are for Fast Cars. Turns are for Fast Drivers.

gt350hr

If that is true the hysteria should be over soon. Oh wait , we can fix it that simply , we need to have a MORE EXPENSIVE  vaccine for "economic recovery". I can't wait 'til things get back to normal and all of the knee jerkers black eyes heal. I also heard good old vitamin C and a zinc supplement does wonders. That also would be too cheap of a solution. YES this is still serious but NOT the end of civilization as we know it. God save the toilet paper.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

Chris Thauberger

Quote from: Jim Herrud on March 19, 2020, 02:15:42 PM
The administration of the generic and inexpensive anti-malarial hydroxychloroquine is starting to show good results in the treatment of COVID-19.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/186Bel9RqfsmEx55FDum4xY_IlWSHnGbj/view

https://www.newsweek.com/hydroxychloroquine-malaria-drug-coronavirus-fda-1493293

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6142886572001/?playlist_id=5198073478001

Lets see....Fox News vs the CDC.....Hmmmmmmmm........ 
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

gt350hr

I saw it on the internet , it HAS to be true ;D
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

deathsled

Quote from: shelbydoug on March 19, 2020, 01:58:50 PM
Quote from: deathsled on March 19, 2020, 12:49:25 PM
I told a couple of lawyers at our firm that lawyers are not worth anything in a pandemic. Law enforcement, the military, over the road truckers, (and rail) medical staff and food suppliers are worth everything. They got a little upset with my analysis.

Well...one thing for sure, there are more lawyers around then you can shake a stick at.

"More then guitar pickers in Nashville. More then red ants on a Tennessee anthill" - Lovin Spoonful 'Nashville Cats'.

Don't rile them up. They'll stampede and beat you to death with their brief cases.

Murphy's corollary 37. "If you can't do it, teach it. If you can't teach it administrate". If you can't do sh it, become a lawyer. (Dougism)

Quick. Go send them flowers and candy before they retaliate?
Yes, common as flies.  I spent a good couple of hours near them in a small meeting room to discuss the courts closing and cases etc.  I stood outside by the door refusing to go in.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

TOBKOB

QuoteReread post #10...this can go either way...stay safe... :)

TOB

I agree, this can go either way.

Option #1 - Bad
Option #2 - Worse

Option #3- Everything's OK and getting back to normal

I'm hoping for #3 while I'm taking precautions but not hysterical... :)

We'll see what it is like in late June...It may not be over but I'll bet it won't be the end of humanity... :)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

The Going Thing

Quote from: TOBKOB on March 19, 2020, 07:34:25 PM

TOB

Option #1 - Bad
Option #2 - Worse

We'll see what it is like in late June...It may not be over but I'll bet it won't be the end of humanity... :)

TOB

You would think it was the Bubonic plague.

QuickSilverShelby

Quote from: TOBKOB on March 19, 2020, 07:34:25 PM

TOB

Option #1 - Bad
Option #2 - Worse

TOB
This absolutely will not be the end of humanity.  Not even close. An extremely high percentage of the population is going to survive and be just fine (unless Covid 19 mutates into something worse).

What we a entering into is a massive recession and possibly a depression.  You can not shut down the majority of the world economy for weeks, months or longer and expect us to just bounce back and resume like nothing happened.  No one is using the "depression" word cause were all too scared to even think that might happen.  We came within a whisker of a depression back in 08/09.   This pandemic is catastrophically more economically devastating than the great recession of 08/09.

Think about it, 90% of the population is suddenly financially stressed or insolvent.  10% of the population is doing just fine and will weather the storm.  90% of the population, becoming insolvent, will shit can the world economy-------->> Depression!!!

We're not all gonna die, not even remotely close.  Were all gonna live!!  Economically, the world is having a massive stroke right now.  It's gonna take years to learn to talk and get over the economic paralysis that has just begun.  Years of recovery! Who's paying for the trillion dollars worth of help?  Right now nobody is.  Every government around the world is just printing money.  Nobody is paying for it right now but down the road,.... watch out!!!   I predict 8 to 10 years to stabilize from the economic devastation from this pandemic.

I freakin hope I'm wrong and I hope you all give me shit for it in 2021 but damn!!!

QSS

When's summer gonna get here?   I gotta go out and drive.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Side-Oilers

+1 to the last three posts, plus Randy and others who have expressed restraint of panic.

I agree with being sensible and taking precautions for one's family.  Each person should do what they think is best.  This is not a time to point fingers or assess blame on those who think differently from you.

We will come out of this, health wise.  Is definitely is not the Black Plague.

Panic is not your friend.

Hang in there and try to have some fun with your families in the meantime.  Having the kids and parents home together can create great memories for the future.  Or, they can drive everyone crazy.  ;)   

All just IMO.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

Don Johnston

According to "Autoweek", it is possible that the Indy 500 may not run on May 24.  So far the KY Derby has been rescheduled to September 6.  Whether the  24 Hours of Le  Mans   will go as scheduled in mid-June will be decided by mid-April.  California Gov. has grounded the entire State directing everyone to stay home for the next two weeks.  May happen soon in Hawaii as well.  Watch and wait.  8)

427heaven

Its official California is the first state in the union to lock down 40 million people... Shelter in place. No food to be had in stores unless you want to live on freezer pops and whiskey. :-\

shelbydoug

Whisky pops are great but if you can get a hold of cough syrup with codeine in it, those make the best frozen pops! Try some. They're great.  ;)

You need to fill the time somehow?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

The Going Thing

Don't forget you can always drive to the distillery in Hector, NY.  I would venture to guess the wineries have to-go windows open. lol

shelbydoug

Quote from: The Going Thing on March 20, 2020, 08:20:23 AM
Don't forget you can always drive to the distillery in Hector, NY.  I would venture to guess the wineries have to-go windows open. lol

I believe in being responsible with my abuses.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!