News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Coronavirus anxiety therapy

Started by 557, March 20, 2020, 07:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S7MS427

It was a nice spring day here in SE PA. Word had leaked out that there would be an impromptu cruise down High Street in Pottstown. I asked my son if he was interested in going. I didn't have to ask him twice, he was all for it as he has been cooped up for weeks now.

So we made the trip into town in the G.T.500 and were greeted by the sight of many cars traveling in the opposite direction, quite a few in front of us, and more than just a few people lining the streets. We received many hand gestures of appreciation. We made one pass each way and then headed for home. My only other comment is that isolation has NOT done anything to enhance the intelligence of the average American. We had several instances of people darting out in front of the car and of others who did not know how to drive in traffic. Other than that, it was a very pleasant experience however brief it was.
Roy Simkins
http://www.s-techent.com/Shelby.htm
1966 G.T.350H SFM6S817
1967 G.T.500 67400F7A03040

roddster

Yeah, well, they are low information drivers.

68krrrr

Quote from: S7MS427 on May 02, 2020, 09:30:07 PM
It was a nice spring day here in SE PA. Word had leaked out that there would be an impromptu cruise down High Street in Pottstown. I asked my son if he was interested in going. I didn't have to ask him twice, he was all for it as he has been cooped up for weeks now.

So we made the trip into town in the G.T.500 and were greeted by the sight of many cars traveling in the opposite direction, quite a few in front of us, and more than just a few people lining the streets. We received many hand gestures of appreciation. We made one pass each way and then headed for home. My only other comment is that isolation has NOT done anything to enhance the intelligence of the average American. We had several instances of people darting out in front of the car and of others who did not know how to drive in traffic. Other than that, it was a very pleasant experience however brief it was.

No pics ?
Current
1967 GT500 #1724
Nightmist Blue /Parchment
2005 Ford Gt Midnight blue
Porsche 911 Turbo 2007 Highly modified
1934 Ford Chopped & channeled

Previously owned
1968 GT500KR #03528 Lime green
1968 GT/CS

"Fly low & avoid the radar"
Thanks Adam