News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1967 to 1968 production Mustangs with 427 Engine installation.

Started by sw44ma@yahoo.com, March 21, 2020, 10:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Going Thing

Doug.. No 427 for you! Too fast for your Shelby Wheel chair! ( with signature delete)

propayne

The paperwork was filed to homologate the 427 in the Cougar.

Auto would have probably been fine for drag racing.

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

shelbydoug

Quote from: The Going Thing on March 22, 2020, 08:22:27 PM
Doug.. No 427 for you! Too fast for your Shelby Wheel chair! ( with signature delete)

Too late! That ones' a tunnel port. I had to put a C6 in it though.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

shelbydoug

Quote from: Coralsnake on March 22, 2020, 08:11:26 PM
Doug you are delirious. We have told you many times you dont know anything.

;D

Well, this is true, but I expect that from you.

You know that I am normally flakey anyway, so with this combination of fever, cough syrup with codine and Jack Daniels, all bets are off? What will I say next? No one knows. Not even me. It depends on what's in the next TV commercial?

Depends? No not yet.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Coralsnake

shelbydoug

Quote from: Coralsnake on March 23, 2020, 07:34:58 AM
Best wishes Doug

More whiskey, less drugs  8)

Nah, makes a blue haze, kinda' like a burnout?

Hey. Did you notice that a moderator showed up and just locked "that" (wink, wink) entire thread? Less work that way?

Sip. Cheers!
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

shelbydoug

Quote from: propayne on March 22, 2020, 08:35:59 PM
The paperwork was filed to homologate the 427 in the Cougar.

Auto would have probably been fine for drag racing.

- Phillip

Are you claiming with this document that there were 1,000 427 Cougars made? Wow? 1,000? Where are they all?

Oh wait, I think I just saw another one just drive by? Sure. It had an Emu with sunglasses riding shotgun. It was yellow.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

propayne

Ford pulled the plug on the Cougar program - so late in the year that it left Gurney and Jones without a regular ride for 1968.

- Phillip

shelbydoug

Quote from: propayne on March 23, 2020, 08:50:33 AM
Ford pulled the plug on the Cougar program - so late in the year that it left Gurney and Jones without a regular ride for 1968.

- Phillip

So this document is not accurate? It's a falsehood? It states that there are 1,000 cars already made as on November 30, 1967?

Shame, shame, shame. :o

Is someone hording them all in a secret private collection? Maybe in a warehouse in Oklahoma?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

Since they could not achieve the goal of homologation 1,000 cougars,  all those 427 where installed in these water crafts.

Only three are known to exist currently owned by Barry Manilow, Rosie O'Donnell and Morgan Freeman
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

propayne

Quote from: shelbydoug on March 23, 2020, 08:55:15 AM

- Phillip

So this document is not accurate? It's a falsehood? It states that there are 1,000 cars already made as on November 30, 1967?

Is someone hording them all in a secret private collection? Maybe in a warehouse in Oklahoma?

Wishful thinking?

shelbydoug

Quote from: propayne on March 23, 2020, 09:56:57 AM
Quote from: shelbydoug on March 23, 2020, 08:55:15 AM

- Phillip

Wishful thinking?

No, no, no! The document CLEARLY STATES that the build of 1,000 cars was COMPLETED on November 30, 1967! So where are they?

FORD wouldn't lie would they? I'm devastated.

There is definitely a conspiracy here.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

propayne

I think the legal term for that is a "promissory note"?

As in, "Go ahead and homologate these, we PROMISE we will build them by November 30th, 1967".

That is a document the GT-E Registrar uncovered - I can do some digging and get more background.

Or Royce may know - if he chimes in again.

- Phillip

shelbydoug

Quote from: propayne on March 23, 2020, 10:44:23 AM
I think the legal term for that is a "promissory note"?

As in, "Go ahead and homologate these, we PROMISE we will build them by November 30th, 1967".

That is a document the GT-E Registrar uncovered - I can do some digging and get more background.

Or Royce may know - if he chimes in again.

- Phillip

Nah, it's ok. I just got excited to think there were more of them still out there.

I'm married 33 years. I've learned to live with disappointment.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

propayne

Got you beat by two years  :o

Maybe Ford will resurrect Mercury and finish building these "original" 427 Cougars  ;D

- Phillip