News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Intake Question, Attention Cory and Dave

Started by 6S1568, March 24, 2020, 12:59:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6S1568

Hey Guys,
The other day Kieth and I were discussing intakes and we came back to the old thread that you guys worked on, to see if we could find an answer to our question, but didn't find it. So............here goes, on the underside of our intakes, on one of the posts we both have castings that are OECO, and under that A W L.
Do you guys know what "the A W L" represents?
We both thought it was posted somewhere in the past, but we couldn't find it again.
On the other bottom post, my intake has two letters cast there, see photo, of F G.
Could those be an inspector's initials?
On Kieth's intake, the other post is blank.
Does anyone else have similar castings?
Thanks in advance, Denny

kingchief

SFM 6S406

6S1568

Steve, Yes I did. That's the thread that I mentioned earlier. If you remember that's when we sent in our Intake data. Thanks. Still looking to find out what the A W L stands for. 

NC TRACKRAT

Denny, although the letters "AWL" always seem to be stamped in that order, they appear to not be stamped at the same time or in the same location with respect to each other which would lead me to believe that they are, in fact, inspectors stamped at different stages of the manufacturing operation.
5S071, 6S1467

6S1568

Hi Stan, Thanks for the reply. So the A W L are the inspector's stampings. Your GT-350 is close in number to ours, do you remember if it's stamped with A W L too? I hope you guys are doing well up there in NC, and looking forward to seeing later this spring.  Denny

s2ms

Hi Denny,

I'll admit I have no idea the the "AWL" means but Stan's explanation sounds reasonable to me. Seems like all the "OECO" marked 66 intakes I've seen are also stamped "AWL" but often have another letter, or two, also stamped in that location, probably the same as having the other letters on your intake opposite post, so what are those? In very late 66 the intakes began being stamped with "OFFENHAUSER" instead of "OECO" and the "AWL" seems to have disappeared but there are still a couple letters which I assume are also inspector stamps.

Lots of questions still needing answers...thanks for bringing the topic up again.

Dave
Dave - 6S1757

shelbydoug

It would be nice to document the s7ms intakes also.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

JD

Quote from: shelbydoug on March 25, 2020, 08:00:18 AM
It would be nice to document the s7ms intakes also.

What I've noticed so far of S7MS versions...

(I think there are the most variations of the S2MS intake)
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

shelbydoug

Those are the three that I have seen but Coralsnake said something about there being a "recall version"? He didn't explain the differences. Of course, he just likes to stir the pot anyway.

He's the guy that is driving a truck with 10,000 pounds of canaries in a 5,000 pound capacity truck. So he needs to keep half of them flying all the time? ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Coralsnake

Doug, I would never stir the pot.  ;)

The "recall version" is what most would call the production part.

Whatever you do not injest those aquarium supplies.

You will be better soon. Who knows? We might even call you normal.

shelbydoug

Quote from: Coralsnake on March 25, 2020, 10:31:19 AM

Normal for who?

The red swordfish are the best. They wiggle all the way down and inside for a minute or two.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

pbf777

Quote from: shelbydoug on March 25, 2020, 10:33:17 AM
The red swordfish are the best. They wiggle all the way down and inside for a minute or two.

You might want to try the plecostomus!        ::)

Scott.

shelbydoug

I never eat anything that I can not pronounce.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

shelbydoug

Quote from: Coralsnake on March 25, 2020, 10:31:19 AM

Considering that almost all of the GT350s show completion dates before the intake was put into production, are there actually any production intakes?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Coralsnake