Author Topic: Alternator and idler pulley brackets  (Read 4467 times)

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
Re: Alternator and idler pulley brackets
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2020, 10:28:25 PM »
Trucks are not included in the MPC, they use a separate book. T/E is thermactor exhaust, ie smog

The Going Thing

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2020, 12:49:59 AM »
Agreed under normal circumstances. The 67 brackets are heavy duty compared to the 68 version for non-thermactor vehicles. Likely because of the dual alternator belt drive used on non-AC vehciles. Those are from a non-thermactor vehicle he has. The alternator is in the up position with the brackets, not the lower position. They use different adjuster arms and mounting brackets.
So yes, they will work for your application as stated.

mlplunkett

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2020, 12:08:50 AM »
Yes, those brackets are correct for non-emission equipped car with air. The engineering numbers may not be, but they are pre-68 style. They'll work fine.

It drives me crazy that there seem to be part numbers, casting numbers, and engineering numbers for the same part and they can be all different. I never know if I'm searching for the right number. When you say "those brackets are correct" did you mean the brackets in the pictures (C5TE-A and C6AE-B) or the brackets I noted from the parts book which were C6AZ-10156-A and C6AZ-10145-A or are these different numbers for the same parts?
67 GT500 tribute under construction
65 R-model tribute under construction

The Going Thing

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2020, 01:08:13 PM »
What parts book did you get the numbers? The 390 application is for the most part completely different. The brackets you posted will work. The upper one is definitely pre-68 as they changed for 68.

mlplunkett

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2020, 10:57:25 PM »
Got those from the pages that Davez posted in reply #6. I'll go with the parts that I showed in the photos. Thanks.
67 GT500 tribute under construction
65 R-model tribute under construction