Author Topic: Finish Line Controversy - GT40/LeMans - Demonstration Day at Simeone 3/10/18  (Read 11103 times)

mark p

• SAAC Member
  • south NJ - Philly 'burbs
    • View Profile
Should be good one! They are featuring both GT40s - as of today the weather for Saturday looks OK.
http://www.simeonemuseum.org/events/finish-line-controversy-demo-day
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

mark p

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Nice turnout and fun event today.
plenty of good pix on the Museum's website, but here is one.
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
pictures?
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

mark p

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Sorry Brian, I have taken tons of pix of those 2 cars (2 of my favorites at the Museum) over the last 8 years, so only took that one today.
There are 18 photos - by a much better photographer  ::) - on the Museum's Flickr page:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/simeonemuseum/albums/72157692584579531
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 11:06:51 PM by mark p »

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
Thanks Mark!  If anyone is interested, here is a really nice page describing Dr Simeone and how he got started in the collector car world.  Amazing guy.

http://eliteprofessionals.org/2014/10/12/jay-leno-visits-simeone-foundation-automotive-museum/
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 08:36:27 AM by BGlover67 »
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

mark p

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Nice story Brian - thanks for that link. I think that is the most that I've seen published about his incredible medical side.

His knowledge of the cars and their history is more than encyclopedic... and he seems very down-to-earth. Based on what I've heard - during various talks at the Museum -he wanted the collection to stay together, which would not have been possible if passed to his daughter (plus she is not into it that deep). Thus the creation of the Foundation.

Back in 2000 when the story came to light about the "missing coupe" and its return to light, I saw that it ended up with a Doctor from Philly... I wondered if I would ever get to see it (I'm about 10 miles from the city border)? Then through the establishment of the Foundation and the opening of the Museum - I am lucky to be able to go to see it [plus all of the others] any time   8)

chris NOS

• SAAC Member
  • 5S241 actual owner
    • View Profile
thank you , really interesting to read .