News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Sincere thanks to all my SAAC friends…

Started by computerworks, March 26, 2020, 10:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

computerworks

My heartfelt gratitude to the hundreds of SAAC friends from all over the world who sent messages of sympathy and condolences on the recent loss of my wife, Angela. My family thanks you all for the kind words.
Losing my best friend of over 50 years was a shock and gut punch. Internal organ failure came quickly and unexpectedly... there is some comfort in knowing she did not suffer a long illness.

She was my car buddy going back to the 60's... changing my spark plugs when I raced my first GT350. She tolerated my shenanigans over the decades... letting me store car parts in the spare bedroom... 
Angela loved going to the SAAC Conventions and loved the Concours Judging as her favorite.
We traveled the world together and indulged each other in fulfilling our dreams. We celebrated our 50th anniversary in Italy last year. Her present to me was renting the Autodrome in Modena to let me thrash a race-prepped Ferrari around the track. Truly...my best friend.
Again, sincere thanks.
My message: No one promises you tomorrow. Live for today and give a hug to your own best friend.

My Condolences to you and your family.  God Bless.

Sixx7shelby

Very sorry for your loss, my condolences.
67 GT350 #1482
69 Eliminator 428SCJ
97 Cobra
86 SVO

SFM5S000

My condolences to you and the family. The last time I saw Angela was at SAAC35, she is the one who told me your drink of choice was a Diet Coke. Again, sorry for your losses.

With much Respect,
Earl J Castillo

propayne

I just can't imagine - brought tears to my eyes.

The only true currency is time.

I hope you can begin to heal.

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

gt350cs

Ron,

In November of this year my wife and I will celebrate 50 years of marriage. She too has always been there for me in all aspects of my life from family, career, church, friends and of course cars.

She is actually the one that got me on the road to having more than one Shelby. Our second Shelby addition was chosen by her and from there two others added. Fortunately we bought when they were just used cars and not as an investment.

I cannot imagine the loss that I would feel if I were to lose her. This past year she took a bad fall and broke her shoulder and it has been stressful seeing her long recovery. It has helped me to appreciate even more everything that she has been contributing to our relationship all of these years.

My prayers to you at this time of sorrow and may your memories carry you through this painful journey. I am sure that I speak for many on these forums who appreciate your commitment to the community.

Dennis

Side-Oilers

Ron,
Very sorry to hear of your loss.  My condolences and best wishes to you and your family.
Van
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

I just can't imagine your loss. Stay safe and hope to see you at a future SAAC event
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

BGlover67

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

GT350Lad

Your post was touching Ron and I hope you can recover mate. My deepest condolences. I took your advice and held my wife tight this Morning
6S373
6S1276

QuickSilverShelby

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

texas swede

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Me and my wife Aila send our deepest condolences.
Texas Swede

mlplunkett

Really sorry for your loss. Most of us feel blessed if our wives will simply tolerate our auto obsession. Sounds like yours was one of the rare breed that actually joined your obsession.
Mickey
67 GT500 tribute under construction
65 R-model tribute under construction

dblbarrel

Ron, terribly sorry for your loss.
My sincere condolences.

Tim