News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Some parts ?

Started by 68krrrr, March 28, 2020, 09:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68krrrr

Taking the 67 GT500  in on Monday to a trusted local shop ,to install a few basic items that weren't correct on my car that bug me like hoses,belts,wires,heater & hose clamps etc & an Oem yellow top coil coil  & power steering pump,got most of the stuff from Marti works questions are.Thanks in advance for any answers

1.I got the red stripped heater hoses even though Marti Works called me & said those aren't for 67's but i saw a thread where you guys said get the red & not the white ones correct.

2. Which color regulator should i be using the Black one or the blue one that i had left over form my KR

3. The upper & lower radiator hoses aren't smooth & are kinda ribbed so FoMoCo & part # have a smudged look to them that i don't like, is that how they look or is there another source for these anyone knows of.

4.Is that yellow top Autolite coil the right one
Current
1967 GT500 #1724
Nightmist Blue /Parchment
2005 Ford Gt Midnight blue
Porsche 911 Turbo 2007 Highly modified
1934 Ford Chopped & channeled

Previously owned
1968 GT500KR #03528 Lime green
1968 GT/CS

"Fly low & avoid the radar"
Thanks Adam

Coralsnake

I wouldn't use a reproduction coil.

The PS pump color is not accurate.

I don't think red stripes on heater hoses are correct for 1967s.

I don't think a 1967 used a "C5" part number on a radiator hose?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 68krrrr on March 28, 2020, 09:51:35 PM
Taking the 67 GT500  in on Monday to a trusted local shop ,to install a few basic items that weren't correct on my car that bug me like hoses,belts,wires,heater & hose clamps etc & an Oem yellow top coil coil  & power steering pump,got most of the stuff from Marti works questions are.Thanks in advance for any answers

1.I got the red stripped heater hoses even though Marti Works called me & said those aren't for 67's but i saw a thread where you guys said get the red & not the white ones correct.

2. Which color regulator should i be using the Black one or the blue one that i had left over form my KR

3. The upper & lower radiator hoses aren't smooth & are kinda ribbed so FoMoCo & part # have a smudged look to them that i don't like, is that how they look or is there another source for these anyone knows of.

4.Is that yellow top Autolite coil the right one
Red stripe hose are fine for a mid production 67 Shelby as long as they are solid stripe . 68 started to have a date code alternating with the stripe. The black C5AF marked regulator is used on most 67 Shelby's unless you have the heavy duty Battery option in which case it would typically be the black C5TF marked regulator.The radiator hoses look fine to me. You may already know this but the P/S pulley is not a 67 Shelby pulley and is wrong for your car . Wrong offset if on a non air car and wrong diameter if on a air car. Not sure what you are looking for on the coil but the coil looks the correct size and color but from the picture. I can't tell if it is a repro or correct dated stamp which is most likely more information then you need given the other parts. Best of luck with the updates.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

The Going Thing

The ignition wires don't look correct. The alternator if correct would have dual belt drive unless you have air conditioning.  The wire set for a standard  390 or 428 will not work with the cast Le Mans pent roof cast covers. They're too short.  Marti does not offer wires for them that work except for the ones with the thermactor insulator, which will have to be cut off the plug wires.  If you're running any real performance ignition the wires aren't well made and bleed. If you question this, grab one while the car is running..... 
Your pulley would be a 7AB for non-AC applications and 7AC for air-conditioned cars.  That is providing you have the correct 428 PI harmonic balancer and accessory crank pulley.

68krrrr

Ok thanks guys for the info thats  what i needed  to know  ,i do have dual alternator belts  & I'm a non A/C car & the existing PS pulley is & marked AB looks like ,so i can use that one,the coil is a repop from All classic motors & i had a choice of dates codes to print with the part # it says there all tested but we'll see.As far as spark plug wires ,i have to check with Marti if they have them listed wrong.Hell i might just switch to electronic ignition the cold starts are a pain in the ass so far.
Current
1967 GT500 #1724
Nightmist Blue /Parchment
2005 Ford Gt Midnight blue
Porsche 911 Turbo 2007 Highly modified
1934 Ford Chopped & channeled

Previously owned
1968 GT500KR #03528 Lime green
1968 GT/CS

"Fly low & avoid the radar"
Thanks Adam

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 68krrrr on March 29, 2020, 04:11:43 PM
Ok thanks guys for the info thats  what i needed  to know  ,i do have dual alternator belts  & I'm a non A/C car & the existing PS pulley is & marked AB looks like ,so i can use that one,the coil is a repop from All classic motors & i had a choice of dates codes to print with the part # it says there all tested but we'll see.As far as spark plug wires ,i have to check with Marti if they have them listed wrong.Hell i might just switch to electronic ignition the cold starts are a pain in the ass so far.
On PS pulley , AB only is not good. 7AB is good to go.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby