Author Topic: GT500 Tribute Build  (Read 5176 times)

pmustang

• View Profile
Re: GT500 Tribute Build
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2020, 12:46:29 PM »
Very nice project and I think I spy very nice floors

I LOVE blue and when this car showed up on this very forum several years ago I bought it.

Have done a fair amount to it since arrival but nothing to the paint or body.

This should give you some enthusiasm to do your project. Nightmist blue 5 speed V8

mlplunkett

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2020, 02:55:22 PM »
That's exactly the look I'm after right down to the tires. Just need a bigger number on the rocker panel.
I have the set of Osborne manuals in fact I had forgotten that I had them until last week when I was trying to organize all the parts I had on hand. There is no rust on the body but there is a previous repair behind the rear tire, passenger side, that is below standard and the radiator support will need to be replaced due to previous damage so that's my only metal work unless I get a surprise.
67 GT500 tribute under construction
65 R-model tribute under construction

mlplunkett

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2022, 08:40:44 PM »
Not much progress other than tear-down, purchase of fiberglass parts, and getting the 428 stroker motor built. Maybe that will give me some incentive over the winter. I plan to paint the heads and water pump to keep them from looking so unoriginal.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 08:43:00 PM by mlplunkett »

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2022, 09:11:30 PM »
Enjoy the ride(s). 8)

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2022, 10:35:43 PM »
great incentive!!
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2022, 11:16:49 PM »
Not much progress other than tear-down, purchase of fiberglass parts, and getting the 428 stroker motor built. Maybe that will give me some incentive over the winter. I plan to paint the heads and water pump to keep them from looking so unoriginal.
Glad to hear about some progress. If you are concerned about original looking engine components then be aware that the harmonic balancer is supposed to be semi gloss black.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2022, 07:47:03 AM »
Little by little does the trick, keep plugging away you cash do it

Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

mlplunkett

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2022, 04:07:39 PM »

[/quote] Glad to hear about some progress. If you are concerned about original looking engine components then be aware that the harmonic balancer is supposed to be semi gloss black.
[/quote]

Thanks Bob. The builder didn't put a lot into the paint so I plan to strip off the blue and start over. I'll correct the balancer in the process.