News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Pookie power strikes again

Started by pmustang, March 17, 2020, 02:01:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

Pookie called me two years ago about a '67 Service replacement hood I had for sale.  He forgot having spoken to me before, and that I knew all about him.  He did drop all the big names in the Shelby world, Bob, Jim, Ed, Pete, etc, and that they all buy from him.  I found that especially funny.  Fast forward a year, and a friend of mine called asking if I would help him look at a "project early '67 Shelby" that a guy from NJ was selling, but that it had a title made out to Marty Mcintosh of Burnsville, NC.  It was supposed to be car no. 43:

https://imageshack.com/a/yQUo/1

It seems that Marty picked up the VIN plate online for 43, which is actually legit (that's a whole story in itself for these early '67s).  He already had a wreck of a '67 fastback, so he put them together and instant Shelby.  Marty then applied for and somehow received an NC title for the car, and then sold it to a guy named Tony Guerrerio out of NJ.  I spoke with this Tony fellow who feigned ignorance, but obviously knew what he was doing. 

I knew he didn't have the real no. 43 because it was recently restored and looks like this (beautiful car):

https://imageshack.com/a/2Vko/1

I informed both the NC and NJ state police, but nothing came of it.  Guys like this always seem to get away with murder.

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Coralsnake

I maybe presumptuous and I am not sure which "pete" he was speaking of ... I have never spoken to him or purchased anything from him, to the best of my knowledge. Not suprising I know

8)
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

69mach351w

He bought from me some 25 years ago some original polyglas that I had purchased from B. Perkins back in the late 80's.

But I have never bought from him. The stuff that I seen he had for sale at Maggie Valley NC, I didn't have enough knowledge to know if the parts were legit or not. But as I learned over the past few years
That I need to come here first and consult with you knowledgeable's to see if in fact what he has for sale is legit. I know also a few here has bought from him but know what they're buying is legit.

But for the most part his stuff that he "claims" to be legit for a certain application, in fact IS NOT.

So I just steer clear of him.

BGlover67

Quote from: Coralsnake on April 08, 2020, 10:10:28 AM
I maybe presumptuous and I am not sure which "pete" he was speaking of ... I have never spoken to him or purchased anything from him, to the best of my knowledge. Not suprising I know

8)

Sorry Pete, but you are 'da Man in this community, and the one he was bragging he knew.  On the plus side, now you can just go by your first name like Cher or Madonna.   ;D
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

Coralsnake

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

69mach351w

CharlesTurner

Man, I'm bummed I didn't make the name dropping list...  and I've actually visited Pookieville.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

69mach351w

Quote from: CharlesTurner on April 08, 2020, 11:47:21 AM
Man, I'm bummed I didn't make the name dropping list...  and I've actually visited Pookieville.
See Charles, you probably had the knowledge to know what you were looking for or looking at.
Others,,, Not so Lucky and get screwed.

So this idiot actually posted a photo of a fraudulent title WITH his address on it??? I would like to nominate him for a prominent position in "The Genius Club"......

69mach351w

But the thing 557, if we don't make others aware it WILL come back in the (early?) future to haunt us in other ways. (See my post #43, 4th paragraph)

BGlover67

Quote from: 557 on April 08, 2020, 02:50:58 PM
So this idiot actually posted a photo of a fraudulent title WITH his address on it??? I would like to nominate him for a prominent position in "The Genius Club"......

The title is real, sort of.  NC was stupid enough to issue it.  Unbelievable.  Problem is it is also titled in NJ at the same time. 
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

Quote from: BGlover67 on April 09, 2020, 11:35:21 AM
Quote from: 557 on April 08, 2020, 02:50:58 PM

The title is real, sort of.  NC was stupid enough to issue it.  Unbelievable.  Problem is it is also titled in NJ at the same time.     Federal crimes?