News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Checkered Flag: Steven Juliano

Started by Vernon Estes, September 25, 2018, 07:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vernon Estes

Hey Guys,

You all might have seen Steve's recent thread about 2416's restoration being completed.

It has been relayed to me through someone in the mopar crowd that Steve passed yesterday.

I know that many on this forum, myself included, will greatly miss Steve. He was a larger than life sort of personality and I'll greatly value the interactions and times I shared with him.

Here's to Steve,
Vern
Junk dealer and the oldest young guy you will ever know.

CSX2259

Oh my, I had just had a conversation with Steven a couple of days ago. RIP Steven, you will be missed.

JD

Here is a link to his recent posts just days ago, very enlightening. 

http://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=2983.0

Most sorry to hear he's passed.
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

69mach351w

I didn't know Steven, but My thoughts and prayers are with his Family.

Bob Gaines

He was a good guy .He wasn't phony and heaven help a someone if the someone was phony around him. He lasted longer then any person with pancreatic cancer I have ever heard of . He fought the good fight . I will miss him. RIP Steve. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

deathsled

I truly hope he had at least one opportunity to rod around in the Cobra upon its return.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

alexgt350h

nate

I was fortunate enough to get to know Steve over the last several years with Ed; he was one of the good ones. Never met a man who could tell a story like Steve and always had a new one for me. He will be missed.

Godspeed Steve.

prototypefan

Godspeed Steven

He was one of a kind.

Tenacious, passionate, resourceful, knowledgeable and unique.

I learned a lot from Steven..........when I first met him, he sold me a 900 mile Hemi Cuda and I wondered why anyone would sell such a great car. He explained that he had just secured a cutaway display Hemi engine and one of the Billboard posters and had no need for the car anymore......I just didn't get it but Steven was way ahead of the curve.

It was a chance encounter with Ed Meyer that changed his life. Special Ed mentored Steven on the rights and wrongs in the parts and automobilia world. It all started with a Mopar clock.

Years later when he set up the building in CA I helped out for a few days......it was a collectors dream. The building was a blank slate. We mocked up each entire wall on the floor before putting it up for final installation. I would tell him that we had an 18" x 40" or 36" x 24" space and he would come out with another sign or poster to fill the space. I still have scabs on my knees from that week. He must have bought 5 miles of Velcro to put it all together.

The best sign I've EVER seen was at the Grand opening of the collection. He had one of those signs with interchangeable black letters. It simply said "Ed Meyer ruined my life". One of the displays has an unused pad of tickets for a sweepstakes draw. Someone actually filled one out and asked were to put it........Steven simply smiled.

When he was diagnosed it was a sad day........sometime later he mentioned that everyone he had been in treatment with had passed away. Then he called and was simply over the moon. His doctor told him that he had an experimental chemo and asked Steven if he would be the first patient. Steven asked what it was and the doc simply said he called it "GTX".......Steven being a devout Mopar fan just about lost it. Doc.....put it in me now!!!!

Truth is stranger than fiction sometimes......Steven wrote a novel in his lifetime.

Blue oval and Penastar blood cells for life.

Miss ya Steven. You taught me a lot.

J_Speegle

His family will be in our thoughts and prayers. RIP
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Side-Oilers

I never knew the man, but I am enjoying the stories others are sharing.

Sorry to hear that another great car guy is gone.

My condolences to his family and friends.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

Special Ed

Steve was best man in our wedding (see nates photo) when we had 5 shelby gt 500 drag pack convertibles & a Boss 429 in the wedding party. I met steve 30 years ago in a local airport when i was flying to NY to buy a 70 shelby convertible & he was in front of me waiting in line to get on the plane & he turned around & saw me wearing a shelby t-shirt & he told me he had a cobra & we started talking. Then when the plane got in the air a stewardess told me a man sitting in first class had asked if i would come sit with him & we talked all the way to NY about cars & he gave me a ph# to call & he would send a driver to pick me up & come to his house since i didnt have a rental car. Richie Dobbins picked me up at airport  & took me to his house to work on his boss 429 & i had taken parts along with me. I had to work on the shelby to get it running  & put a clutch in it to drive back to IN. & being sunday couldnt get a clutch anywhere so we decided to drive to steve address & check out his cars & he had a real comp cobra & a 3800 mi. 69 b9 that i had at my place 2 years ago that steve had bought from the chicago owner & i told him everything about the boss. Steve daughter Nicole was living & going to school in evansville by me & when steve would visit her he would come to my place while she was in school & he started going on old ford dealership trips with me buying obselete parts & signs etc. I had found an old mopar clock in a ford dealer & talked him into buying it since he had some mopar cars so he took it home & hung it in his basement & the next trip we started stopping at mopar dealers as well as ford dealers & old goodyear tire stores as well then i took him to some big swap meets & the rest is history. We went on many road trips across usa chasing cars, parts & memorabillia both ford & mopar & even some GM. Steve never doubted me about any cars parts or signs we purchased over the years. I had bought a big mopar literature collection from a guy who wrote a mopar book & looks of good photos & info & plymouth rapid transit & dodge scat pack promotional books & steve started running wanted adds everywhere trying to find the cars & items in those books & now has the best & biggest  muscle car era mopar memorbilia collection & at chryslers of carlisle meet in july he was nominated to the chrysler hall of fame but he couldnt go due to health reasons. Steve sold or traded off some of his rare mopars to get back in the cobra world where he has 4 of the best & rarest most desirable cobras & back in early 90s he had John Weyers  blue GT 40. Steve and i came from 2 totally different worlds me a farm boy from the sticks & he a NY city nightclubs owner but i learned alot from him &  he always listened to me about cars & stuff. Steve was a true friend i could always count on thru thick & thin & he will be greatly missed in both the mopar & ford world. He always had some good & crazy stories to entertain you. Steve was very serious about collecting NOS & assemblyline only parts for his cars & owned & studied low mile cars for his reseach during concours restorations. GODSPEED & RIP my best friend STEVE.

pmustang

I am loving the stories. What a fantastic chap

corbins

Quote from: Side-Oilers on September 25, 2018, 11:16:09 PM
I never knew the man, but I am enjoying the stories others are sharing.

Sorry to hear that another great car guy is gone.

My condolences to his family and friends.

+1   Sounds like a good guy